What an Intense 2 Days!

I ended up heading off to Munich. So I skipped Berlin and Dresden. I’m not to worried about that, And in all seriousness it’s easier for me and gives me plenty of get ready to go home, not that there is actually much to do beside get on the plane. Anyways, it took me around 30 hours to get to Munich from Hamburg. This was by far my worst hitch hiking experience! I got my first ride rather quickly and he took me over half way which was awesome. At this rest area I was offered a ride by a nice lady and her boyfriend the second I hopped out of the car, but they were going the other direction. They did however give me a bottle of water and talked to me for a few minutes. Shortly after that I met a Truck Driver who said he could take me about 20 KM down the road to a better spot with lots of trucks, He said I would for sure get a ride Directly to Munich from there. Naturally I got in with him hoping the grass was going to be green here. It wasn’t. He pulled off the Autobahn on a side road which seemed to be going nowhere, I honestly though that he was going to do some bad things to me, and then I saw a Gas Station. he took me there and explained that no trucks there would be going to Munich, and drove me 2 more KM to where his destination was. This was the GLS loading/unloading station for all the trucks. Basically a huge Warehouse type place. I knew that I wasn’t in a good spot instantly. There were fork lifts driving all around, people on big trucks, and other things you would expect at this type of place. After I got out I walked up to some guys and they said that i shouldn’t be there, but said they would try and help me out. I ended up getting in another truck who took me to the entrance/exit of the complex and said I needed to talk to the people who are working in the building. I felt like I was going to get arrest, they didn’t like that I was there and told me to live without helping me. So I walked about 3km in the pitch black of night to the Gas Station hoping I could find a ride. No such luck really. There was very limited traffic and everyone was going in the opposite direction. Finally after 2 or 3 hours of waiting I got a ride by a nice older man who took me back where I got picked up by the truck driver. I was very happy to be away from that place and at an actual rest area where the traffic was better. The traffic didn’t really matter much though.

When I first got there the weather was nice and inviting, and I took a nap on the grass outside only to be awoke by a light rain which turned into a pretty heavy rain. I moved under the roof of the filling area which extended to the building that was the service station. No one was going in the direction I needed. So I ate a few bananas and just went to sleep after puting on a few extra pairs of clothes to keep warm. I didn’t sleep good, and now my neck is very sore from the way I slept using my back pack as a pillow. I’m hoping that gets better in the next day or two. I ended up sleeping through the night though, mostly. I woke up in the morning, and after being rejected rides countless times, I slept for a couple more hours on a bench in front of the gas station since it was raining pretty heavily. Apparently the owners of the place didn’t like this though, because after I woke up I walked to the exit just to hold my thumb up with a sign, and a police guy cruised by and was eyeing me. I guess since I moved he wasn’t going to bother me, but I’m convinced that they called him for me. Bastards.

It took me quite a while to get a ride, and after the police officer, I figured it was best not to go and ask customers anymore so I just stayed in the same spot. An hour or so in, another person started holding his/her (I’m still not sure) up about 10 meters away from me! I was so pissed, after being there for 8 hours at the time I was feeling a bit territorial. I thought it was a girl at first and was going to be pissed if she got a ride before me just because she’s a lady! But a couple hours later I got a ride and this person was still standing there. I was very happy. This kid who picked me up was only 18 years old, so a very new driver, and he was actually coming from the Wacken festival as well! We talked a bit, but I mostly slept. He took me straight to Nuremberg and said that I should be able to find a person with a Bayern ticket going to Munich and that I could probably get the train for free. It didn’t work out that way. so I took to hitch hiking again. After about an hour i had a ride just 60KM out of Munich! Finally, I was getting rather excited. I waited for my next ride from some time. Border Patrol asked to search my bag. Why, I can’t tell you, but they did, only after I asked them to show me their ID’s before I showed them mine and granted access to my bags. They didn’t find anything of course, and I had to put it all back together. But they kept eyeing me like they thought they missed something.

An hour or so later my final ride showed up! They were nervous at first and asked if I was going to kill them or not, so I showed them my “Will not Kill You” sign. They laughed. In about 45 minutes I was in Munich again and I started off towards Michael’s Flat. Thankfully he was home. I got to meet some other couch surfers, including a new Long Term surfer he was hosting. It was really cool to see him again. Had a nice talk about my trip, learned some interesting things. And eventually went to bed, which was amazing! After sleeping on the ground outside for so long, this was amazing.

Although the night took an interesting turn. I had been feeling very bad, especially in my stomach for quite a few hours. Around 2 or 3am i woke up and had to go to the bathroom. I had the worst case of diarrhea I have ever had. it was not pleasant, it was so bad in fact, that when I sat down back in bed, I instantly had to get back up and spend another 20 minutes draining my bowels. Yuck. In the morning I had a few more episodes.

I had a small breakfast, and giggled quietly about the other couch surfers who did not appreciate the smell of the bathroom after I finished with it, and then I had to start out on the City because Michael and his long term were going out to get ready for a trip to Bangkok on Sunday. Not so bad. I got into the city, went to buy some food, and realized I didn’t have my wallet! I forgot it on the table damn it! Oh well. And that’s what brings me here. I am not sitting in starbucks, pretending to be a customer so that I can use the free wifi and relax, because I am just to exhausted to be out and about today. Later I think that I am going to head over to the English Gardens, pop a squat on a bench somewhere and read my book.

-Noodles Out


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s